For the past four months, Beyond Wrestling's Uncharted Territory has been the promotion's flagship show. The weekly series has seen the rise of new breakout stars, the introduction of Beyond staples to a broader audience, and the emergence (and reemergence) of major rivalries and feuds.
Americanrana 19 will be the biggest event in Beyond Wrestling history, and with the show scheduled for this Sunday live here on IWTV, it's worth taking some time to reflect on the ways in which the first season of Uncharted Territory has shaped this weekend's monumental event.
- Perhaps the biggest impact of Uncharted Territory came in the form of The Discovery Gauntlet. The concept was introduced on the first episode of the the show and has directly led to the rise of several new independent wrestling stars. Foremost among them is "The Ovaltine Dream" Thomas Santell, who went 7-0 in The Discovery Gauntlet before losing to Christian Casanova as the result of interference from Cam Zagami. During this undefeated run, Santell had a couple of unusual encounters with Nick Gage that saw the two men brush up against each other as they were coming to and from the ring. Though some saw this as a sign of potential conflict, in fact the two men would eventually come to form an alliance based around their mutual contempt for Cam Zagami and his "Club Cam" faction. Now a tag team with a 3-0 record, the recently dubbed Nerder Death Kill will take on Tom Lawlor and F4WOnline's Bryan Alvarez at Americanrana on Sunday.
- Chris Dickinson has used Uncharted Territory as a vehicle to prepare himself for the biggest match of his career which takes place at Americanrana when he battles the man he called out at Lethal Lottery, Daisuke Sekimoto. Over the course of the series Dickinson has picked up victories over Eddie Kingston, Tom Lawlor, Josh Alexander, Erick Stevens, Timothy Thatcher and more, but the physical opponents and matches have taken their toll on the Dirty Daddy. While there may be no wrestler in the world with more impressive wins in the last few months than Dickinson, has it prepared him or hurt him for his showdown with Sekimoto on Sunday?
- Kimber Lee attacked Kris Statlander on Episode One of Uncharted Territory, igniting a feud that would eventually lead to Kimber Lee costing Statlander the IWTV Championship at Beyond's Boston debut. On Sunday it comes to a head in a Cage Match at Americanrana.
- While Thomas Santell has emerged as a breakout star due to Uncharted Territory, equally impressive has been the rise of Bear Country who debuted on Episode Five and quickly shot up the ranks of the Beyond Wrestling tag team division picking up wins over The Beaver Boys, The Butcher And The Blade, Team Tremendous and more, giving them a plausible claim to being the aces of the Beyond tag team division. When the Bears staked this claim publicly, Beyond stalwarts LAX saw it as a challenge. At Americanrana the two teams settle the debate in the ring.
- Though Wheeler YUTA appeared on early episodes of Uncharted Territory, YUTA spent much of the first season developing his skills in Europe. In the mean time Chuck O'Neil returned to Beyond, attacking people from behind and attempting to injure opponents with his armbar in an effort to "make Beyond legit again." Upon his return to the States, YUTA became the man to confront O'Neil, has demonstrated an ability to counter his armbar, and after being beaten bloody by O'Neil last week on Uncharted Territory, called him out for a fight on Sunday at Foxwoods.
- When Uncharted Territory started The Beaver Boys were the top tag team in Beyond Wrestling having won the 2018 Tag Team Tournament For Tomorrow just a few months before the show began. Over the first few episodes they picked up some big wins, but after a tough loss to Slither (Chris Dickinson and Joey Janela) on Episode Five their team cohesion rapidly evaporated, culminating with Alex Reynolds walking out on John Silver when they faced Bear Country in the main event of Episode Eight. After weeks of trash talk and sneak attacks, Americanrana 19 opens up with Silver vs. Reynolds.
- David Starr main evented the first Episode of Uncharted Territory against Masato Tanaka and has returned a handful of times to pick up major victories and lambast career rival Joey Janela. Janela returned verbal fire, challenging Starr to a match which Starr consistently refused to accept. On Episode Eleven, Janela defeated Kris Statlander in a bout many believe to be the best of Uncharted Territory, Season One. After the match and an in ring confrontation, Starr agreed to meet Janela one-on-one in the final chapter of their years long feud at Americanrana 19 in a 60-Minute Iron Man Match.
These are just some of the ways in which Uncharted Territory has changed the shape of Beyond Wrestling and helped the set the table for Americanrana 19.
Want to catch up on Uncharted Territory? All seventeen replays are available now as part of your IWTV subscription!
Join us live this Sunday (7/28) at 4pm EDT here on IWTV as Beyond Wrestling presents Americanrana 19!
Here's how you can watch Americanrana 19 on IWTV.LIVE: