Just two weeks after losing the title to Kris Statlander at Midwest Mixtape, Orange Cassidy regained the IWTV Independent Wrestling Championship in controversial fashion at Beyond Wrestling's Secret Show debut in Boston, Massachusetts on Sunday.
Originally scheduled to be a non-title, no disqualification match between Statlander and Kimber Lee, Cassidy inserted himself into the match at the last second, prompting Statlander to put the title on the line. After several minutes of back and fourth action, Statlander seemed to have Cassidy defeated when Kimber Lee blasted the then champion in the head with the title and rolled Cassidy on top of Statlander for the win. Cassidy is now the only person to hold the IWTV Championship twice.
The impromptu championship defense was the first of Statlander's reign. She had been previously scheduled to make her first appearance as champion on Episode Eleven of Beyond Wrestling's Uncharted Territory which airs this Wednesday night (6/12) at 8pm EDT on IWTV.LIVE.
Instead of appearing as champion, Statlander has been challenged by Joey Janela. The Bad Boy's time on the independents is winding down, but he's looking to take on the best the scene has to offer before he goes. While David Starr may not answer Janela's challenge for Americanrana 19, Statlander isn't known to back down to anyone, and it's safe to say Statlander vs Janela will go down on Wednesday.
Let's take a look at what else we can expect from this weeks episode of Uncharted Territory.
- Thomas Santell is now 6-0 in The Discovery Gauntlet, and picked up his seventh win in Beyond Wrestling this weekend as he defeated Chuck O'Neil by disqualification when O'Neil refused to release an armbar after "The Ovaltine Dream" reached the ropes. Santell returns to Uncharted Territory and The Discovery Gauntlet this week, but will his arm be at full strength when he faces off against another talented wrestler looking to make it to the next level?
- When Chuck O'Neil refused to release the armbar on Santell Sunday afternoon, Tom Lawlor was one of the men who hit the ring to make the save. Lawlor was also there to pull O'Neil off of Josh Briggs at the conclusion of their match on Uncharted Territory, Episode Ten. On Episode Eleven, Lawlor looks to avoid the armbar when he goes one-one-one with O'Neil.
- Last week on Uncharted Territory, Anthony Greene and Richard Holliday had a confrontation in the commentary booth. On Wednesday the two men settle their issues in the ring.
- Thus far Bear Country have proven unbeatable in Beyond Wrestling, beating a who's who of independent wrestling tag teams since their debut on Uncharted Territory, Episode Five. This week the two big men have laid down an open challenge just days after declaring themselves the aces of the Beyond Wrestling tag team division.
- Speaking of Beyond Wrestling tag team aces, LAX return to Uncharted Territory this week to compete in a dream match against the legendary independent wrestling tandem of Josh Prohibition and Matt Cross AKA Youthanazia. What will happen when two of the best teams from their respective generations do battle on Wednesday night?
Uncharted Territory streams live every Wednesday at 8PM EDT / 5PM PDT from Worcester, Massachusetts! Watch it live on IWTV as part of your monthly subscription!
Want to catch up on Uncharted Territory? All ten replays are available now as part of your IWTV subscription!
Get your Americanrana 19 tickets here! .