Kris Statlander wins titles, tournaments and medallions cementing her status as one of the brightest new stars on the indie scene and Orange Cassidy roams the streets of New York with the IWTV Title in his backpack plus more in this weeks Weekend Wrap-Up!
- On Friday night Independent Wrestling Champion Orange Cassidy made a surprise appearance at Xtremely Serious Wrestling's Dancing In The Dark. Former champion "Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams defeated XSW regular Shawn from Michaels (his name is Shawn and he works at the art supply store Michaels) multiple times before eventually tapping out to Michaels after the crowd begged him to. Cassidy then showed up, took the IWTV Title out of his Jansport backpack and said he believed in second chances - before challenging Shawn to a title match. The two men then checked their respective schedules and struggled to come up with a date for the bout that would work. Maybe we will see this match down the road?
- Prestige Wrestling held their Tower Of Snakes event on Friday in Hermiston, Oregon. The card saw Simon Grimm defeat Ethan HD and Tom Lawlor win the Prestige Title from King Khash. Prestige is quickly growing into a powerhouse in the Pacific Northwest and will be holding events in Hermiston and Corvallis, Oregon as well as Spokane, Washington in the month of May. Tower Of Snakes and future Prestige Wrestling events will be available for VOD viewing here on IWTV.
- Women's Wrestling Revolution's Widowmaker event aired live on IWTV on Saturday afternoon at the NYWC Sportatorium in Deer Park, Long Island, New York. The show saw Maria Manic defeat both Vanity and Addy Starr in back-to-back bouts, Terra Calaway and Harlow O'Hara win a street fight over The Sea Stars and Kris Statlander beat former WWE star Lisa Marie Varon in the main event. The show concluded with a heart felt speech from Solo Darling and Willow Nightingale about the state of women's wrestling today and the revolutionary potential it has. Widowmaker will be available on VOD here soon.
- Later that evening in the same building, New York Wrestling Connection streamed their Psycho Circus 17 event live on IWTV. The show saw Orange Cassidy successfully defend the Independent Wrestling Championship against John Silver (Silver earned his title shot by winning a scramble that night) and an insane Psycho Circus main event with all of the promotions titles on the line that has to be seen to be believed. Notably, Rex Lawless emerged with the promotions championship and Kris Statlander continued her hot streak, leaving the Circus with the Starlet Championship. Psycho Circus will be available on VOD here soon.
- Glory Pro's Anniversary: Phoenix Rising streamed live on IWTV on Sunday afternoon from Collinsville, Illinois. The card saw Eddie Kingston defeat Paco in a 2 out of 3 falls bout, Ethan Page step in for the injured Davey Vega to help Mat Fitchett successfully defend the United Glory Tag Team Titles over Stephen Wolf and Myron Reed, and Curt Stallion retain his Crown Of Glory Championship by pinning Australian Suicide. The show is available to view on demand now.
- Beyond Wrestling's Treasure Hunt Tournament was this Sunday in East Greenwich, Rhode Island. The 8-person, single elimination tourney was contested for a Beyond Medallion which can be cashed in to claim an Independent Wrestling Championship match at any time. Kris Statlander defeated David Starr, Jordynne Grace and Chris Dickinson to win the Tournament and the Medallion, completing an incredible weekend that saw her cement her status as one of the brightest new stars on the independent wrestling scene. The Treasure Hunt Tournament will be available on demand here soon.