2019 was a huge year for Beyond Wrestling. Over the course of the last twelve months the promotion produced 31 episodes of their weekly episodic series Uncharted Territory, all of them streaming live on IWTV. In addition to Uncharted Territory, 2019 saw Beyond debut in Boston with a successful "secret show," continue to uncover many of independent wrestling's next wave of stars via The Discovery Gauntlet, and produce Americanarana 19 which proved to be the biggest event in the promotions history. On New Year's Eve, Beyond closes their 2019 campaign with their annual Heavy Lies The Crown event, which streams live on IWTV at 8pm EST. The show is stacked top-to-bottom with big time bouts and is sure to close the year with a bang. Let's take a look at what is in store for Tuesday night.
- The close of the year has been an incredibly busy and historic one for IWTV Independent Wrestling Champion WARHORSE. The champ set a new single reign defense record for the title on the Season 2 Finale of Uncharted Territory where he defeated Josh Briggs via countout, before going on to successfully defend the championship against Ophidian the following day at Flying V Fights in Silver Spring, Maryland and KTB the day after that at Synergy Wrestling. At Heavy Lies The Crown, WARHORSE will make his final defense of the year against one of the fastest rising stars in independent wrestling, the 1 Called Manders. These two men were the sole survivors of the IWTV All-Star team that defeated Team Beyond on the Thanksgiving edition of Uncharted Territory, with Manders attacking the champion after the match and counting his own pinfall over him afterward. Will the champion be able to extend his championship record into the New Year, or will 2020 be the year of The Cornbelt Cowboy?
- 2019 saw Bear Country emerge as a dominant force in Beyond Wrestling's tag team division. Debuting on Uncharted Territory, Episode Five, Bronson and Beefcake quickly became fan favorites and defeated a who's who of tag teams, culminating with a victory over EYFBO that solidified Bear Country's status as the tag team aces of Beyond in the eyes of many fans. This raised the ire of long time Beyond Wrestling tag team standouts Team Tremendous, who have spent the last quarter of the year attacking Bear Country from behind, costing them matches, and finding ways to get wins themselves. On New Year's Eve the two teams will look to settle the question of who the true tag team aces of Beyond Wrestling are when they meet in a Fans Bring The Weapons Match.
- Standouts from the Buffalo, New York wrestling scene have been a huge part of Beyond Wrestling in 2019 and none have been more impressive than Brandon Thurston and his Grapplers Anonymous student, Daniel Garcia. But while Daniel Garcia has aligned himself with his Buffalo Brothers, the veteran Thurston has sought to place himself above his fellow upstate New Yorkers. Over the course of Season Two of Uncharted Territory, Thurston declared himself victorious in his feud with Jay Freddie after an unfortunate match stoppage due to injury and disrespected and mocked Buffalo wrestlers Puf and Megabyte Ronnie after defeating them. Confronting Thurston after his match with Ronnie, Garcia declared himself the real top dog of the Buffalo scene and demanded Thurston meet him in the ring at Heavy Lies The Crown. Does the teacher have some fresh tricks up his sleeve, or will the student prevail?
- SLADE made his Beyond Wrestling debut on the Season 2 Finale of Uncharted Territory, crushing Aaron Rourke to become the new king of the mountain in the Discovery Gauntlet. After getting his win the Rikers Island convict called out Nick Gage. What will happen when two of the most dangerous and violent men in pro wrestling fight at Heavy Lies The Crown?
- On the last episode of Uncharted Territory, Christian Casanova defeated Richard Holliday to win the 2019 Tournament For Tomorrow, officially dumping Club Cam and becoming the Pride Of New England in the process. Casanova has been one of the big breakout stars of 2019 and after his victory he challenged a man many believe to be the biggest breakout star of 2019, Tony Deppen. The two former Discovery Gauntlet champs will collide Tuesday night, both looking to carry their momentum forward into 2020.
- Erick Stevens made his comeback to wrestling in 2019 after a decade of retirement. He hasn't lost a step. The hard nosed, heavy hitting Stevens has battled most of the top names on the scene since returning, even briefly winning the IWTV Independent Wrestling Championship. At Heavy Lies The Crown he battles the man many believe to be the best wrestler in the world today, David Starr.
- Josh Briggs and Anthony Greene used to be best friends. The two men have been major players in the New England wrestling scene for the last few years and have risen in Beyond Wrestling together. But after months of tough losses, including an upset first round loss in the Tournament For Tomorrow, Greene snapped on Briggs, costing the big man his TFT first round bout in the process. Since that point, the fight has been on, with Ava Everett caught in middle. At Heavy Lies The Crown the two former friends will fight it out, with Everett as the special guest referee.
- Chuck O'Neil's quest to "make Beyond legit again" started during Uncharted Territory, Season One and has continued throughout the year. In Season Two, O'Neil set his sights on Team Pazuzu and has carried out a months long campaign to eradicate them from Beyond Wrestling. With the assistance of Larry Legend, O'Neil has found ways to secure individual victories over Pinkie Sanchez and Chris Dickinson, while also defeating and maiming their friend Danhausen. Since that point, Legend and O'Neil have formed an alliance with the Violence Is Forever tandem of Dominic Garrini and Kevin Ku. The trio has wracked up big wins since coming together and been a thorn in the side of the outnumbered Pazuzu. At the end of the Uncharted Territory, Season Two Finale, The Legit Legends hit the ring yet again to attack Team Pazuzu, but this time the room went dark, and when the lights came back on Jaka had returned to defend his brothers. At Heavy Lies The Crown, Team Pazuzu will be back at full strength and ready to go to war with The Legit Legends.
- In September of 2018 at Beyond Wrestling's Please Come Back, Kris Statlander defeated John Silver, and became an overnight sensation in the process. Just fifteen months later, Statlander is a former IWTV Independent Wrestling Champion and current number one contender to the AEW Women's Championship, while Silver is also regularly appearing on AEW television and arguably on the hottest run of his career. On December 31st the two will square off one more time in a match that is destined to be a classic.
- Wheeler YUTA and Fred Yehi are two of the best technicians in all of wrestling. The two men were on opposite sides of a tag team match on Uncharted Territory, Season Two, Episode Eleven and went nose-to-nose after the contest, prompting Beyond Wrestling to put together a one-on-one singles match for Heavy Lies The Crown.
The 2019 IWTV Independent Wrestling Awards will air immediately proceeding Heavy Lies The Crown! Join us at 7pm EST to see who came out on top, and stick around for one of the biggest events of 2019!